Using the Chartwell Runs With a Chartwell Hutch
To keep your rabbits and guinea pigs safe, you should never use other brands with these products.
Unfortunately, folding runs are not compatible with the Chartwell Hutches. But they can be used on their own, without a hutch and are especially good for giving your pocket-pet a change of scenery.
How the Chartwell Hutch and Run work together
The runs are sold with a set of hook and eyes, which can be screwed into the hutch by hand. Assembly is simple and can be done in a relatively short space of time.
How to attach your Hutch and Run together
To securely attach the hutch to the run:
- Make sure that the floor is even and that the run sits flat on the ground.
- Unscrew the removable wired panels at one end of the run.
- Place the end of the run (The end that you have just removed the panels from) against the hutch. This is where your rabbits or guinea pigs will be able to access the run.
- Start with the hook or eye and screw it into the side of the hutch by hand. Check that corresponding hook or eye has enough space to be screwed in while you do this.
- Then, take the other hook or eye and screw that into the run. Once they’re hooked together, do a quick inspection to make sure the run is up against the hutch, and that it is fixed.
- Do the same on the other side of the hutch and run.
What stops my pets from escaping under the hutch
Chartwell Hutches and Runs are made with your pet’s safety. A wooden stopper at the bottom of the run blocks off the gap created by the hutch legs, making it escape-proof.