If you're having problems programming your cat's cat flap to your Microchip Door the process has been broken down in the steps below:
- Remove the battery cover lid.
- Insert four high-quality AA batteries such as Energizer or Duracell.
- Ensure the batteries are inserted correctly.
- Press and release the memory button (located next to the batteries). The LED light will start flashing red every second and the grey catch will dropdown.
- Your cat will need to walk up to the clear plastic door from the outside of the cat flap (from the tunnel side) and stand under the sensors until the red LED light stops flashing.
- Please note: You can try and tempt your cat to stand by the door by placing some dry cat food in the tunnel close to the door.
- Once your cat walks away from the cat flap, the grey catch will automatically lock. This indicates that your cat's microchip has been successfully saved into the memory of the cat flap.
- The cat will now be able to enter through the cat flap by placing its head by the clear plastic door and the grey catch will automatically unlock.
- Repeat this process for each of your cats.
If your still having issues please contact the SureFlap Customer Help Team on 0800 012 4511